• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaleS

DaleS

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Motorhome traveling, Riding a trail bike, 4x4 pickup, seeing places I never saw and old roads and trails.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

When you enter Nevada on the Lincoln Hwy there are no signs to let you know it. Not far after entering Nevada you enter the Goshute
Indian Reservation. As you leave the reservation, you enter Antelope Valley. We saw ten Antelope there: This picture was taken else
where:

Posted Image

A view of Tippett. Notice Lincoln Hwy maker on the right, Tippett is in the grove of trees:

Posted Image

The older building at Tippett:

Posted Image

The newer store:

Posted Image

Some links to Tippett:

http://whitepinecoun...om/Tippett.html

http://www.robertwynn.com/Tippett.htm

That is far as we will go today.

Dale

#2 Keep the Show on the Road!

Keep the Show on the Road!

King of the Road

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

A view of Tippett. Notice Lincoln Hwy maker on the right, Tippett is in the grove of trees:

Posted Image

The newer store:

Posted Image

Dale

Dale,

If memory serves, there is a small reservoir across the road from about where the store is where soldiers on the Eisenhower led trip (1919) took a dip. I think some or all camped there.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

#3 DaleS

DaleS

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Motorhome traveling, Riding a trail bike, 4x4 pickup, seeing places I never saw and old roads and trails.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Wow Dave,

That is an interesting fact. There still was a little bit of water and cat tails in the reservior now.

Too bad I couldn't hang around and get some pictures of the Yellow-headed Blackbirds there.

Dale

#4 mobilene

mobilene

Road Scholar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

I am so drooling over this Lincoln Highway adventure! Makes me wanna buy a Jeep and go hit this dusty trail. -Jim

#5 DaleS

DaleS

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I am so drooling over this Lincoln Highway adventure! Makes me wanna buy a Jeep and go hit this dusty trail. -Jim

Hey Jim, most of the Lincoln Hwy could be done in a car. The hidden 8 miles and the Pony Express would could use 4x4.

Dale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users