Madrid Shop

Madrid Shop

The little town of Madrid NM has been a mining town, an abandoned site, a home to "hippies", and now an artist colony of funky shops and houses on the Turquoise Trail.

Photo
    Keep the Show on the Road!
    Feb 21 2007 10:55 AM
    Dave,

Never heard of Madrid but it looks like a fun place. I looked it up on the map, and now wish I had taken the road you did when we went to Santa Fe. Maybe next time!
    QUOTE(dhabura @ Feb 21 2007, 11:55 AM)

Dave,

Never heard of Madrid but it looks like a fun place. I looked it up on the map, and now wish I had taken the road you did when we went to Santa Fe. Maybe next time!

It was a great little stop. A beautiful road to drive from Tinkertown to Sante Fe. I am sure glad we used the Turquoise Trail...
    QUOTE(dhabura @ Feb 21 2007, 11:55 AM)

Dave,

If you ever watch the movie Wild Hogs, they spend a good part of the film in Madrid. When we were there they had NO cell phone service, and we signed a petition that a store owner was sponsoring to get a cell tower in the area. In the movie, they used their cell phones significantly in the plot. Now I wonder if they got the tower, or if it was just a plot device that could not have happened there.