Us 6 Tour Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Ballard

Mike Ballard

Day Tripper

• Moderators
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Mostly US highways, mostly California. I follow the geology as well as the history of the roadways. I have online tours of US 6, US 99, and the Ridge Route from Los Angeles to Bakersfield (US 6 from Los Angeles to Tonopah, NV) on my website - socalregion.com. KM6GCB

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

After reviewing some photos I had taken on previous trips, I found enough to extend my US 6 tour from its old terminus in Tonopah, Nevada all the way to the Utah State Line east of Ely, Nevada. The tour is finally "done". I don't think I can go much further east for some time, as I lack quite a bit of photos and information about the road's journey through Utah. Maybe one day. I've at least taken the roadway to I-15 and done other parts in Utah and Colorado.

http://socalregion.com/highways/us_6/

Enjoy!

PS - The tour is now about 620 miles long, so if you wish to follow the whole thing, it might take a while.

#2 Keep the Show on the Road!

Keep the Show on the Road!

King of the Road

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Mike,

It is hard to express how much I like your US 6 site and work! Outstanding and Excellent come to mind!!

You used several excellent maps which I really appreciated . If I can help provide additional maps, I bet I have several period maps (1920’s) that cover the route in the west, and nationally. And I am happy to share them with an excellent project. Let me know.

I think of US 6 as being much of the old Midland Trail. Am I correct? When you get into Utah you will certainly enjoy it. When I was in Utah in November I took the section of US 6 / Midland Trail between Spanish Fork and Green River. I photographed the old Green River Midland Hotel, the Pastime Bar (Ya gotta love that Beer sign!), and the old bank building on US 6 / Midland Trail. This is what I would call “old town” Green River. I really enjoy these authentic old sites.

Again, Nice Job!

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

Midland1.jpg

Midland2.jpg

Midland3.jpg
Midland4.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users