Photo

Any Way To Delete Dupe Pix In The Gallery?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mga707

mga707

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

The title says it. I accidentally posted a duplicate photo in the photo gallery, and there does not seem to be any obvious way to delete it. Anyone?

#2 roadmaven

roadmaven

Roadie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:2-lane highways, vintage campers, Corvairs, camping, greasy diners

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (mga707 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The title says it. I accidentally posted a duplicate photo in the photo gallery, and there does not seem to be any obvious way to delete it. Anyone?

When you're in your gallery and on the picture you want to delete, off to the right you should see a blue box with some stats. Below that there should be a blue button that says "Options?". Click there and you should see a delete option.

#3 mga707

mga707

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (roadmaven @ Mar 31 2009, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you're in your gallery and on the picture you want to delete, off to the right you should see a blue box with some stats. Below that there should be a blue button that says "Options?". Click there and you should see a delete option.

No, I tried that as it seemed to be the obvious path. Clicking the blue "options" button brings up two choices: "Edit image" and "Report image". No "delete" option in either one of those, either.

#4 DennyG

DennyG

Road Scholar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

I see the delete function so, you or I could delete the picture but... the real question is why isn't the option available to mga707? I don't see anything in the gallery configuration area that relates to delete permission but I could be missing it. Would another "Full Member" check to see if the option is available to them? How about "Moderators"?

#5 roadmaven

roadmaven

Roadie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (DennyG @ Mar 31 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the delete function so, you or I could delete the picture but... the real question is why isn't the option available to mga707? I don't see anything in the gallery configuration area that relates to delete permission but I could be missing it. Would another "Full Member" check to see if the option is available to them? How about "Moderators"?

If that's the case, I see that as a flaw with IPB. Members should have the ability to delete their own images. Perhaps we can nudge Becky or Guy in here.

#6 Keep the Show on the Road!

Keep the Show on the Road!

King of the Road

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (roadmaven @ Mar 31 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that's the case, I see that as a flaw with IPB. Members should have the ability to delete their own images. Perhaps we can nudge Becky or Guy in here.

I tried last night and just now, and there is no delete that I can find.

Dave

#7 roadmaven

roadmaven

Roadie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Keep the Show on the Road! @ Mar 31 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried last night and just now, and there is no delete that I can find.

Dave

Thanks Dave....That makes it an Admin function. Now we wait for Guy...

#8 DennyG

DennyG

Road Scholar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:04 AM

I just deleted the thread starting duplicate. I was going to offer to do it for a dollar but I was afraid Pat would undercut me and mga707 would be left waiting until the price war was resolved. biggrin.gif Until such time (if any) that delete capability is more widely available, I suggest that administrators offer a delete-on-demand service. The first twelve are free. wink.gif

#9 roadmaven

roadmaven

Roadie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (DennyG @ Apr 1 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first twelve are free. wink.gif

Under my plan, you get lifetime deletion for just $29.99...

#10 mga707

mga707

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (DennyG @ Apr 1 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just deleted the thread starting duplicate. I was going to offer to do it for a dollar but I was afraid Pat would undercut me and mga707 would be left waiting until the price war was resolved. biggrin.gif Until such time (if any) that delete capability is more widely available, I suggest that administrators offer a delete-on-demand service. The first twelve are free. wink.gif

I do thank you, sir!

#11 Keep the Show on the Road!

King of the Road

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (roadmaven @ Apr 1 2009, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Under my plan, you get lifetime deletion for just $29.99...

Can I delete someone else's photos, or is that only available in the Premium Package? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Dave

#12 roadmaven

roadmaven

Roadie

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Keep the Show on the Road! @ Apr 2 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I delete someone else's photos, or is that only available in the Premium Package? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Dave

If I see you show up in Richmond, Indiana on April 24th, you get the keys to the forum for that weekend! ;)

#13 beckyrepp

beckyrepp

Roadie

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:Road trips, dachshunds, coffee and chocolate.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

I believe that I fixed this problem (I hope). Full Forum Members should be able to find the Delete option to delete a photo now.

I apologize that this took me a little while to figure out. Please let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

Best,
Becky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users