American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Spring Cruise

Jennifer

Saturday night dinner  

4 members have voted

1. 1. For our Saturday night dinner, which would you prefer?

• Potluck dinner at campground
    • Dinner at a restaurant
    • Either

Good afternoon everyone!

I had some ideas going for a spring cruise (not the place, the routes, etc.), but for now, having a spring cruise and incorporating in some of our new T@B friends. So, for those familiar with what we typically do on our trips, here's my rough idea for a modified cruise, that would allow for an easy blend of cars and T@Bs...

Friday: Pat and I, in our T@B, cruise from Indy to our weekend destination. Similar to our Cave City trip, that place will be our "home base." For T@Bs it will of course be a campground; for cars, it will be a motel in close proximity. If I can find a campground with either cabins, a motel or lodge, etc., that would be all the better, so we are all in the same place. The Friday portion of the cruise would be very light on stops, just pit stops and lunch. Once we are all at "home base" we can have dinner TBD.

Saturday: Breakfast on your own (or together, as desired)...everyone meets at a determined time and location, and we all cruise for the day to various stops, tourist attractions, and lunch. The cruise ends for the day back at home base, and I'm either going to plan dinner at a restaurant, or, depending upon interest from "non-T@Bs," a potluck at the campground. I don't anticipate any heavy duty cooking involved for non-T@Bs- if you can swing by a local grocery store and pick up some salad, a dessert or whatever...but if that is of no interest, we can do the restaurant, let me know. I have included a poll in this message. This ends the "official" portion of the cruise.

Sunday: No plans - breakfast on our own or together, everyone heads home from there.

All suggestions & ideas welcome!

I had some ideas going for a spring cruise

Hi, Jennifer, and thanks for thinking about/planning for a spring cruise. First of all, count us in for whatever.

A campground with a motel or cabins would be great. If you're familiar with Meramec Caverns in Stanton, MO that's kinda sorta what I envision. A little something for everyone. We prefer outdoor dining in a campfire/grilling setting rather than a pricey restaurant. (Remember the Dixie Cruise at the wigwams with twice-baked hot dogs?)

Just let us know....Bliss

Excellent, Kent!! I'm glad to know that. We just had an idea for what we want to do, and already are pretty excited about it! As soon as we have some definite plans, we'll post.

I do remember the twice-baked hot dogs! That was a good time. I think we could definitely do something like that at the campground. I'm going to get more information on the area Pat and I are considering, and will start shaping things up.

Here's hoping for a short winter...

I had some ideas going for a spring cruise

Hi, Jennifer, and thanks for thinking about/planning for a spring cruise. First of all, count us in for whatever.

A campground with a motel or cabins would be great. If you're familiar with Meramec Caverns in Stanton, MO that's kinda sorta what I envision. A little something for everyone. We prefer outdoor dining in a campfire/grilling setting rather than a pricey restaurant. (Remember the Dixie Cruise at the wigwams with twice-baked hot dogs?)

Just let us know....Bliss

I'm almost always up for a cruise and, if need be, I can sleep in the back of my V@BE.

Probably not necessary, Denny! :D We have some plans taking shape and a motel, which was featured in a past "Memory Motel," will be the home base for those joining us without T@B trailers. We found a campground in very close proximity (less than 2 miles), which is where the T@Bs will stay. The Saturday dinner for all cruise participants, will most likely be a potluck at the campground. Other meals can be organized informally on our own at the time.