American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

Dales A Year Older

Thanks, Dave. Those birthdays just come in go now, not like a kid who haven't had many of them and needs new toys.

In Mid Oregon near Bend now. Taking pictures and trying to get out and ride the dirt bike, don't know of any old roads around here.

Dale S

Dale,

Don't give up on old roads around Bend. I lived there for 11 years in the 60's and 70's when it was a small town. Bend is on the Baniff Beeline Highway (north south) and there are some terrific stories about early central Oregon auto travel. And the Deschutes County surveyor's office has one of the best on line old road mapping systems I know. East west Highway 20 (AKA the Central Oregon Highway) is especially interesting out east toward Millican and Horse Ridge.

And the first transcontinental auto race went through Prineville and the Sisters area.

Anyway, enjoy one of my favorite areas.

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

In Mid Oregon near Bend now. Taking pictures and trying to get out and ride the dirt bike, don't know of any old roads around here.

Oh, that sounds fun, Dale. Oregon is a gorgeous state. Hope you find some old roads. Happy belated Birthday, too!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" __ Michael Martin Murphy __ 'Still Taking Chances'

Thanks Guys, I guess having birthdays is better then not having them.

Dale