American Road Magazine
Celebrating our two-lane highways of yesteryear…And the joys of driving them today!

My 2017 Road Trips + My Old Family Pic

knightfan26917

Tuesday, 01/24/2017, I took a day off work, to drive my Aunt Chris in my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis to see an older cousin, Luan, in Rochelle IL. We decided to go to Lincoln Way Cafe in Franklin Grove for lunch & briefly visited the place in the photo; read about what it is, etc., in this link: http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2017/02/04/smorgasbord-saturday-5/
SmorgasbordSaturday_02042017_drive_01242
SPEAKING OF WORK!
After several delays, my major 2017 road trips SEEM to be a GO! I am a bit excited, especially since I will step out of my comfort zone & work my part-time job along the way. It will be challenging to map out the routes-dates-times (especially considering medical appointments, health issues, getting prescription refills & other obligations-tasks, etc.), but I always love a good challenge. I will need definite places to stop &/or stay a few days-nights; so, if you want my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis & me to visit you along the way, speak up NOW. If you want to meet, advise your location, how long you want to visit & wireless internet availability (for work, of course!), so I can plan. If you want, send me an Email:
cort
@
oldcarsstronghearts.com
I have a bunch to do before I start driving [set up a few things, test the work-computer configuration, personal projects-tasks, pack, etc.], but I hope to be on the road within ~2 weeks. I will have to get back to Illinois by the last few days of February & 1st week or so of March, but then I will go back out on the road for most of March & then most of April. I will be in some areas multiple times, but that is OK with me! Since I most-likely will be scarce from the boards while I am on the road, I am planning to chronicle my travels on my website.
This 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass was owned by a friend some 27 years ago:
FridayFlashback_02032010_LewisMcCrary_19
Do you agree with this about music? I originally wrote it 12/29/2012!
WednesdayWakeup_02012017_JayBeausoleil_H
Finally, 1 of my old family pics. The guy looking at the camera, leaning on what I believe is a late 1960s Buick LeSabre, is my Pappy. Read more here:
ThursdayThrowback_02022017_MapleSpringCO
Cort ;) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"T-tops down in my Cutlass Supreme" | Uncle Kracker/Kid Rock | 'It's Good To Be Me'